Public Meeting - FM 359 from FM 1093 to Mason Road
Briscoe Junior High
4300 FM 723
Richmond, TX 77406 (Map)
Tuesday, Oct. 8, 2019
5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
The purpose of the public meeting is to solicit input on the proposed reconstruction and widening along FM 359 from FM 1093 to Mason Road in Fort Bend County, Texas. The meeting will be an open house format so the public may come and go at their convenience, and staff will be available to answer questions. No formal presentation is planned. Comments must be received on or before Thursday, Oct. 24, 2019, to be a part of the official meeting record.
The proposed improvements to FM 359 include:
- Reconstruct and widen the existing roadway from two lanes to four lanes, divided with 12-foot-wide shared use shoulders for bike and pedestrians
- Add 12-foot-wide left turn lanes at the intersections and median openings in various locations
- Construct an 18-foot-wide raised median (the proposed median width varies)
- Design of lane configurations (number of lanes) vary along the project limits to accommodate turning movements at various intersections and driveways
- Construct 6-foot-wide sidewalks on both sides of the roadway
- Provide a new and improved open ditch system for drainage
Materials for the public meeting will be in English. Persons interested in attending the meeting who have special communication or accommodation needs, or require an interpreter, are encouraged to contact TxDOT’s Public Information Office at (713) 802-5076. Requests should be made at least two working days prior to the public meeting. TxDOT will make every reasonable effort to accommodate these needs.
Reference the following project number: CSJ 0543-02-075
TxDOT Houston District
Public Information Office
P.O. Box 1386
Houston, Texas 77251
Posted: Sept. 17, 2019