FM 2977 from FM 762 to FM 361 - Fort Bend County
TxDOT Houston District is proposing to widen FM 2977 from FM 762 to FM 361, a distance of approximately 8 miles, in Fort Bend County, Texas. The purpose of the project is to improve traffic flow and increase mobility within the project area.
Currently, FM 2977 is a two-lane undivided road from FM 762 to FM 361. The corridor is experiencing significant residential and commercial development from FM 762 to Powerline Road; Powerline Road to FM 361 is currently undeveloped.
- This area of Fort Bend County is planned for continued residential and commercial development.
- With the forecasted increase in development, the current two-lane road will not be able to accommodate future needs
Proposed improvements include:
- Widen from two to four lanes with raised medians
- Add curb and gutter and possibly open ditch in suburban areas
- Provide signalized intersection at Summer Lakes Drive and Bryan Road
- Realign Rohan Road, Meadow Land, and Powerline Road
- Provide designated turn lanes to improve access and mobility
- Re-align curves along the corridor
Estimated construction cost is $70,000,000.00.
- Conduct environmental analysis
- Develop alternatives
- Complete Environmental Assessment document
- Begin right of way acquisition
- Finalize design
Reference the following project number: 3048-01-018