The US 59/I-610 interchange is a major connection point of two extremely busy highways serving the greater Houston area. US 59 provides access to inner loop developments, downtown and residential/commercial developments. I-610 is a loop circling downtown Houston. The west portion of the loop in the vicinity of the interchange provides access to Memorial Park, the Galleria and the City of Bellaire.
Interchange improvements are planned to take place in three phases:
- Construct I-610 southbound to US 59 northbound connector (CSJ 0271-17-145)
- Construct I-610 northbound to US 59 southbound connector (CSJ 0271-17-146)
- Construct US 59 northbound to I-610 southbound connector (CSJ 0027-13-206)
- Construct Westheimer ramp to US 59 southbound
- Construct US 59 southbound Exit Ramp to Chimney Rock
- Construct realigned Post Oak Boulelvard with METRO accommodations
- Realign I-610 southbound to US 59 southbound connector
- Restripe I-610 northbound to US 59 northbound connector
- Reconstruct US 59 northbound to I-610 northbound connector
- Reconstruct US 59 southbound to I-610 southbound connector
- Reconstruct I-610 main lane bridge
This study is a partnership between TxDOT and the Federal Highway Administration.