US 281 - Lampasas County
TxDOT Brownwood District is proposing to reconfigure the US 190 (Plum Street) intersection and reconstruct the roadway to include a continuous center-turn lane, curb and gutter, illumination, sidewalks, and drainage improvements between Sulphur Creek and the Burnet County Line in Lampasas County.
Proposed Project Benefits
- Improve the safety and mobility of US 190 (Plum St.) intersection
- Increase mobility; approximately 7,800 vehicles per day travel this roadway each day including truck traffic - traffic is projected to increase to nearly 11,000 vehicles per day by 2037
- Reconstruct and widen pavement
- Improve intersections
- Improve drainage
- Add sidewalks and illumination
- Add a center turn lane for vehicles making left-hand turning movements
This project requires utility relocation and right of way (ROW); however, that amount has not been determined at this point.
- Public Meeting - late Fall 2019
- Public Meeting - Spring 2020
- Potential Public Hearing - Spring 2020
- Finalize Construction Plans once approved – Summer 2020
- Estimated Environmental Clearance - Late 2020
- Begin right of way acquisition process - Late 2020
- Utility adjustments/relocations - Fall 2020 - Spring 2022
- Construction contract awarded: Summer 2022
- Construction duration: To be Determined
- Public Meeting - June 18, 2019 Materials:
TxDOT Brownwood District
2495 Highway 183 N.
Brownwood, TX 76802