US 69/SH 73 Interchange
The TxDOT Beaumont District has approved improvements to the US 69 and SH 73 interchange southeast of Beaumont near Port Arthur in Jefferson County, Texas. This project is now under construction.
The project is expected to improve safety and enhance mobility.
Project improvements include:
- Reconfiguring the interchange from the cloverleaf configuration to a turbine (spiral) configuration
- Adding direct connectors
- Adding mainlane improvements
- Improving frontage road and ramps
- Adding retaining walls and culverts
- Widening and replacing bridges
The construction project would occur entirely within the existing right of way and will not result in any displacements.
- Considered public meeting comments
- Conducted environmental review – late 2020 to early 2021
- Finalized design and construction plans – late Winter/early Spring 2021
- Construction activities – Summer 2021/early Fall 2021
US 69/SH 73 Interchange Animation Video - English
US 69/SH 73 Interchange Animation Video - Español
TxDOT Beaumont District
8350 Eastex Freeway
Beaumont, TX 77708