US 69/SH 73 Interchange
The TxDOT Beaumont District is proposing to improve US 69 and SH 73 interchange southeast of Beaumont near Port Arthur in Jefferson County, Texas.
The proposed project is expected to improve safety and enhance mobility.
The proposed improvements include:
- Reconfiguring the interchange from the cloverleaf configuration to a turbine (spiral) configuration
- Adding direct connectors
- Adding mainlane improvements
- Improving frontage road and ramps
- Adding retaining walls and culverts
- Widening and replacing bridges
The proposed project would occur entirely within the existing right of way and would not result in any displacements.
- Consider public meeting comments
- Conduct environmental review – late 2020 to early 2021
- Finalize design and construction plans – late Winter/early Spring 2021
- Anticipated construction activities to begin – Summer 2021/early Fall 2021
US 69/SH 73 Interchange Animation Video - English
US 69/SH 73 Interchange Animation Video - Español
TxDOT Beaumont District
8350 Eastex Freeway
Beaumont, TX 77708