FM 565 - Chambers County
TxDOT's Beaumont District is proposing to reconstruct FM 565 from SH 99 to SH 146 on the east side of Baytown in Chambers County, Texas.
The proposed project is anticipated to improve safety, enhance mobility and reduce congestion.
The approximately 2.9 mile project includes:
- Reconstructing, realigning, and widening the existing two-lane roadway to accommodate two 12-foot travel lanes in each direction
- Adding a 16-foot raised median and 10-foot outside shoulders
- Building a new FM 565 bridge overpass that would be constructed over the Union Pacific Railroad, eliminating the at-grade crossing
- Adding sidewalks in certain locations
The proposed project would, subject to final design considerations, require additional right of way and potentially displace two residential structures. The purpose of this project is to improve safety and mobility in the project area. FM 565 is inadequate to meet current and future traffic resulting in congestion and reduced mobility, does not have designated turn lanes and does not meet current design standards.
- Dec. 9, 2021 - Virtual Public Meeting with an In-Person Option
- Aug. 2, 2019 - Online Comment Opportunity
TxDOT Beaumont District
8350 Eastex Freeway
Beaumont, TX 77708