This project will construct underpasses for Slaughter Lane and La Crosse Avenue. TxDOT will extend Loop 1 (MoPac) mainlanes through both intersections by going under both Slaughter Lane and La Crosse Avenue.
Bicycle and Pedestrian Accommodations
Signal optimization and bicycle/pedestrian improvements, including pedestrian/bicycle lanes on Slaughter and La Crosse are a part of the project. These improvements include an additional 10-foot shared use path on the west side of MoPac from Slaughter Lane to La Crosse Avenue.
- This shared use path will supplement the existing recreational trail outside the right-of-way from Slaughter Lane to Slaughter Creek on the west side of MoPac
- These improvements, in combination with existing and other pedestrian and bicycle facilities, would provide a continuous bicycle and pedestrian connection between Slaughter Lane and La Crosse Avenue
- Improvements are proposed to be made within existing right of way
Innovative Intersection Designs
At Slaughter Lane, the approved design is a Diverging Diamond Intersection, or DDI. At La Crosse Avenue, the project will build a conventional intersection, similar to most intersections in the area.
- Environmental clearance: December 2015
- Anticipated letting: August 2017
- Anticipated construction start: January 2018
- Anticipated Completion: early 2021
- Construction Information
- Diverging Diamond Intersection Fact Sheet
- Finding of No Significant Impact
- Final Environmental Assessment
- Noise Workshop Summary
- Public Hearing Summary
- Landscape Schematic
- La Crosse Avenue Landscape
- Slaughter Landscape
TxDOT Public Engagement Officer
P.O. Box 15426
Austin, TX 78761-5426