Virtual Public Meeting - US 290 from FM 1371 to SH 6
Please sign-in before viewing materials. Below you can also find detailed instructions on how to navigate through the virtual public meeting.
- Online Sign-In Form (ended Aug. 5, 2020)
- How to Participate in the Virtual Public Meeting
The pre-recorded presentation will be posted on this page on Tuesday, July 21, 2020 at 5:30 p.m..
The purpose of the virtual public meeting is to present the proposed project to the public and receive comments. The project extends approximately 10 miles along US 290 from FM 1371 in Washington County to SH 6 in Waller County. The virtual meeting will consist of a pre-recorded presentation by the project team, project exhibits and other information, and an opportunity to comment. Comments must be received on or before Wednesday, Aug. 5, 2020, to be a part of the official meeting record.
The proposed improvements for US 290 include:
- Widening US 290 from a four-lane divided roadway to a six-lane divided roadway
- Adding shoulders that will be 12 feet wide both on the inside and outside
The project would take place within the existing right-of-way on US 290. An additional 17.49 acres of right-of-way (ROW) would be needed for proposed detention ponds. No displacements are anticipated.
Virtual Public Meeting Presentation
TxDOT makes every reasonable effort to accommodate the needs of the public. The virtual public meeting materials and exhibits will be in English. If you have a special communication accommodation or need for an interpreter, a request can be made. If you have a disability and need assistance, special arrangements can also be made to accommodate most needs. Please call TxDOT’s Public Information Office at (713) 802-5076 no later than Friday, July 17, 2020, to request special accommodations. Please be aware that advance notice is requested as some accommodations may require time for TxDOT to arrange.
Memorandum of Understanding:
The environmental review, consultation, and other actions required by applicable Federal environmental laws for this project are being, or have been, carried-out by TxDOT pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated December 9, 2019, and executed by FHWA and TxDOT.
- Project Map
- Fact Sheet
- Presentation and Script
- Presentation Video
- Online Comment Form
- Downloadable Comment Form
- US 290 from FM 1371 West of Chappell Hill to FM 117/Routt Rd
- US 290 from FM 117/Routt Rd to the Brazos River
- US 290 from the Brazos River to Van Wie Rd
- US 290 from Van Wie Rd to Urban Rd
- US 290 from Urban Rd to Highway 6
- Environmental Constraints Map
- Landowner's Rights, State Purchase of Right of Way and Relocation Assistance
- Documentation of Virtual Public Meeting
Reference the following project numbers: 0114-10-097 & 0114-11-083
TxDOT Houston District
Public Information Office
P.O. Box 1386
Houston, Texas 77251
Posted: July 2, 2020