The project includes:
- Extending the existing Westpark Tollway (four-lane controlled access tollway with continuous non-toll frontage roads) from 0.4 mile west of FM 723/Spring Green Boulevard to Cross Creek Ranch Boulevard
- Terminating the toll lanes and tying into the non-toll frontage roads approximately 1,500 feet west of Cross Creek Ranch Boulevard
- Continuing the four-lane divided roadway west to FM 359 in Fulshear and tapering into the existing two-lane facility at the James Lane intersection
- Using the outside lanes of the non-toll frontage roads and the four-lane divided roadway as proposed shared-use lanes that would accommodate cyclists
- Adding a five-foot sidewalk on the north side and portions of the south side of the proposed project
The project is approximately 5.3 miles long and would require approximately 93 acres of additional right-of-way. Noise barriers are included in the project. Project construction would commence in early 2017.
In order to avoid noise impacts that may result from future development adjacent to a proposed highway project, a traffic noise analysis is included in this Environmental Assessment (EA), which includes predicted noise impact for currently undeveloped areas. These impacts are intended as a general guide to assist local planning officials and developers plan and construct new activities in locations that would not result in traffic noise impacts. The noise analysis information is available upon request. Noise barriers are included for construction on this project.
It is important to note that TxDOT is no longer responsible for providing noise reduction improvements, which can be referred to as noise abatement, for new development on the date of approval and/or clearance of an environmental document. TxDOT is also no longer responsible for the traffic noise analysis for a proposed highway project.
Copies of the FONSI, approved Final EA, Certification of Public Involvement, and supporting documentation are available for public inspection between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. at the following locations:
Houston District Headquarters
7600 Washington Ave.
Houston, TX 77007
Fort Bend County Area Engineer Office
1142 Blume Road
Rosenberg, TX 77471