The Historic Labatt Bridge is a three-span Warren pony truss polygonal top-chord bridge built in 1916. Originally located on Labatt Road north of Floresville, Texas, this 95-foot-long bridge spanned the San Antonio River, where it provided safe crossing for farmers and ranchers to deliver crops and livestock to the nearby railroad line. In the early 2000s, TxDOT engineers found the bridge could no longer provide a safe crossing for modern farm equipment. TxDOT worked with the Floresville Economic Development Corporation, the City of Floresville, and Wilson County to relocate the bridge to the Old Town Lodi Hike and Bike Trail in Floresville, which is located along the historic El Camino Real de los Tejas (National Historic Trail).
In 2008, the Historic Labatt Bridge was moved four miles to its current location on the hike and bike trail. The bridge now spans the Seguin Branch, echoing the historical feel of the bridge’s original location over the San Antonio River, an important detail when considering potential sites for the bridge. The cost of the relocation and rehabilitation of the bridge totaled $769,160. The EDC raised funds for this project through TxDOT, Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, and other sources to rehabilitate the bridge, replace the deck, and repaint the bridge.