Public Hearing and Notice of Availability - Oak Hill Parkway
Bowie High School
4103 W. Slaughter Ln.
Austin, TX 78749 (Map)
Thursday, May 24, 2018
Open House 6:15-7 p.m.
Public Hearing 7 p.m.
TxDOT and the Central Texas Regional Mobility Authority are conducting a public hearing to present project information and gather public input on proposed improvements to address declining mobility at the intersection of two major state highways, US 290 and SH 71, in southwest Travis County. The hearing will begin with an open house from 6:15 to 7 p.m. During this time, the public will be able to review available project information and exhibits, discuss the project with project staff, and ask questions. The formal presentation will begin at 7 p.m. and will be followed by a public comment period.
As of Friday, May 4, 2018, the project’s environmental study documentation, known as a Draft Environmental Impact Statement (EIS), and draft schematic design are available for public review and comment on the Oak Hill Parkway project page.
The proposed project, known as the Oak Hill Parkway, extends approximately 6.15 miles along US 290 (from Loop 1 to west of FM 1826), as well as approximately 1.31 miles along SH 71 (from US 290 to Silvermine Drive). Proposed improvements include:
- An upgraded, state-of-the-art roadway consisting of three mainlanes for through traffic in each direction, as well as two-to-three frontage road lanes in each direction
- An overpass for the US 290 mainlanes over William Cannon Drive
- New flyovers between US 290 and SH 71
- Significant bicycle and pedestrian accommodations along the entire corridor including a seven-mile shared-use path, sidewalks, and a trailhead at Williamson Creek on William Cannon Drive
- Upstream water detention ponds to reduce potential flooding
- Multiple stormwater detention and water quality treatment ponds within the corridor
- New landscaping, tree plantings, and corridor aesthetics
All proposed improvements are non-tolled.
All interested citizens are invited to attend this public hearing and are welcome to provide written and/or verbal comments at the hearing. Official written comments will also be received and accepted by the project team at:
TxDOT Austin District Environmental Coordinator
Texas Department of Transportation
P.O. Drawer 15426
Austin, Texas, 78761-5426
Comments must be received by Monday, June 18, 2018 to be included in the official record of this public hearing.
The hearing will be conducted in English. Persons interested in attending the hearing who have special communication or accommodation needs, such as the need for an interpreter, are encouraged to contact, 512-832-7218. Requests should be made at least two days prior to the public hearing. Every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate these needs.
The environmental review, consultation and other actions required by applicable federal environmental laws for this project are being, or have been, carried out by TxDOT pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated Dec. 16, 2014, and executed by FHWA and TxDOT.
- Notice of Availability - Final Environmental Impact Statement and Record of Decision
- Fact Sheet
- Context Solutions Display Boards
- Evaluation Display Boards
- Process Display Boards
- Renderings Boards
- Meeting Handouts
- Hearing Presentation
Draft Environmental Impact Statement
- Executive Summary
- Purpose and Need
- Alternatives Analysis
- Affected Environment and Environmental Consequences
- Indirect Effects
- Cumulative Effects
- Public and Agency Involvement
- Recommendation of Preferred Alternative
- Environmental Permits, Issues, and Commitments
- Appendix A, Schematic Designs
- Appendix B, Community Impacts Assessment Technical Report
- Appendix C, Planning Document Excerpts
- Appendix D, Geologic Assessment
- Appendix E, Air Quality Impacts Assessment Technical Report
- Appendix F, Noise Analysis Technical Report
- Appendix G, Water Resources Technical Report
- Appendix H, Preliminary Water Quality Analysis and Design
- Appendix I, Hydrology and Hydraulics Study
- Appendix J, Biological Resources Technical Report
- Appendix K, Cultural Resources Technical Report PART 1
- Appendix K, Cultural Resources Technical Report PART 2
- Appendix L, Draft Historic Resources Survey Report PART 1
- Appendix L, Draft Historic Resources Survey Report PART 2
- Appendix L, Draft Historic Resources Survey Report PART 3
- Appendix L, Draft Historic Resources Survey Report PART 4
- Appendix M, Hazardous Materials Technical Report
- Appendix N, Visual and Aesthetics Resources Assessment Technical Report
- Appendix O, Statewide Climate Change Assessment and On-Road Carbon Dioxide Emissions Analysis Technical Report
- Appendix P, Indirect Impacts Analysis Technical Report
- Appendix Q, Cumulative Impacts Analysis Technical Report
- Build Alternative "A": Draft Schematic
- Build Alternative "A": Draft Profile
- Offsite Detention Ponds
TxDOT Austin District
P.O. Box 15426
Austin, TX 78761-5426
Posted May 7, 2018