Railroad design guidelines
TxDOT routinely enters into construction and maintenance agreements with railroad companies. Below are railroad design and construction guidelines, including noted exceptions from TxDOT.
It is recommended that contractors verify with individual railroad companies that these guidelines are the most current for the proposed work.
BNSF Railway – Union Pacific Railroad
- 2016 Railroad Grade Separation Project Guidelines
- 2007 Railroad Grade Separation Project Guidelines (Annotated by TxDOT)
- TxDOT Comments to Appendix/Drawings
- Temporary Shoring Guidelines
- BNSF Preparation of Demolition Plans for Structures Over Railroads Guidelines
- Union Pacific Railroad Demolition Guidelines
- Union Pacific Railroad Technical Resources for Public Projects (Track Work and Shoefly)
- Union Pacific Industrial Track Specifications
- Union Pacific Utility Installations