Wurzbach Parkway from NW Military Drive (FM 1535) to Lockhill Selma Road
The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT moving forward with plans to improve Wurzbach Parkway (PA 1502) from N.W. Military Hwy. (FM 1535) to Lockhill Selma Rd in Bexar County. The project is designed to reduce traffic congestion and improve safety by implementing the planned improvements listed below:
- Expanding Wurzbach Parkway between Lockhill Selma Rd. and N.W. Military Hwy.
- Adding dual left turn lanes on all approaches at Wurzbach Parkway and N.W. Military Hwy. extending three right turn lanes and incorporating a four-phase signal operation
- Dual right turn lanes on Wurzbach Parkway’s westbound approach to N.W. Military Hwy.
- At Lockhill Selma Rd., the added eastbound thru lane would start at Whisper Valley and added westbound thru lane would end at Elm Creek Rd.
Project schedule (preliminary)
- 2016 to 2018: Public Involvement
- Spring 2018: Finalize Schematic Design
- Summer 2018: Environmental Clearance
- Summer 2020: Construction Begins
- Early 2022: Construction Complete
Construction impact to traffic
Throughout the project, motorists will encounter temporary traffic shifts and overnight lane closures. Daytime work is anticipated to occur Mondays through Saturdays, while night time work is anticipated to take place between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m., Sunday evenings through Friday mornings.
Digital message boards will be placed along the route to alert motorists in real-time to lane closures and construction activity. For the latest information on Wurzbach Parkway lane closures and traffic shifts, subscribe to the TxDOT San Antonio District’s Go Ahead! Blog and Twitter feed.
Project updates will be distributed by email as they are available. If you are interested in receiving updates, please send an email with “Updates on Wurzbach Parkway” in the request.
TxDOT strives to proactively and effectively communicate with the public on mobility and safety issues that may be impacted by the construction of these improvements. Public involvement efforts on the Wurzbach Parkway corridor are listed below.
- Presentation – Focus Group Meeting – July 2016
- Open House – February 28, 2017
- Documentation of Public Meeting – February 28, 2017
- Presentation – Focus Group Meeting – June 2017
- Open House – August 30, 2017
- Documentation of Public Meeting – August 30, 2017
- Open House – December 14, 2017
- Documentation of Public Meeting – December 14, 2017
- Public Hearing – May 29, 2018