SH 46 - Bulverde Road to FM 3159
TxDOT, in cooperation with the City of Bulverde and Comal County has been planning for improvements on SH 46 from Bulverde Road to FM 3159 (Smithson Valley Road), including widening to six lanes and adding pedestrian and bicycle accommodations.
- July 2015 – Project Kick Off
- Summer to Late Fall 2015 – Data collection and review (crash data, traffic data and projections, traffic analysis) and conduct environmental reviews
- Late Fall/Winter 2015 – Development of possible alternatives for the road
- March 2016 – Public meeting to share data collected and possible alternatives and collect input from the public
- Spring 2016/Early 2017 – Evaluation of public comments and continued studies of the area to refine alternatives for a preferred alternative
- Summer 2018 – Public Hearing for Farhills Drive to Smithson Valley Road to share preferred alternative and collect input from the public
- Early 2019 – Public Hearing for section from Bulverde Road to Farhills Drive
- Late 2022 – Construction start for SH 46 from Farhills Drive to Smithson Valley Road
*This timeline is preliminary and subject to change.
Project updates will be distributed by email as they are available. If are interested in receiving updates, please send an email with “Updates” in the subject line.
The purpose of public involvement is to share project information and updates, present proposed schematics of the project and collect input from the community. TxDOT is committed to working closely with the community on this project.
- July 25, 2018 - Public Hearing - Farhills Drive to FM 3159/Smithson Valley Road
- March 3, 2016 - Public Meeting