SH 146 - Red Bluff to south of Galveston/Harris County line
The scope of this study is a 3-mile section of State Highway 146 from Red Bluff to south of the Galveston/Harris county line.
Currently, SH 146 has many different cross sections, but typically it is a multi-lane, paved highway with a center turn lane or grassy median.
The proposed project would consist of the following:
- Widen and restructure the existing facility to a six- to 12-lane freeway
- Add grade separations at major intersections
- Add access roads in selected locations
- Add express lanes over Clear Creek
- Improved boat ramp access at Clear Creek
This study is a partnership between TxDOT and the Federal Highway Administration.