FM 2920 from BU 290 to SH 249
TxDOT Houston District is proposing to widen FM 2920 from BU 290 to SH 249 in Harris County, Texas, in an effort to improve traffic flow and increase mobility within the project area.
Currently, FM 2920 is a two-lane undivided road from BU 290 to Cypress Rosehill Road. From Cypress Rosehill Road to SH 249, FM 2920 is a four-lane roadway divided by a continuous turning lane.
The proposed project would:
- Widen the existing FM 2920 from a two-lane roadway to a four-lane divided roadway from BU 290 to Cypress Rosehill Road
- Convert a four-lane to a six-lane divided roadway from Cypress Rosehill Road to SH 249
- Include bicycle facilities and sidewalks
- Add a flush median from BU 290 to SH 290
- Add a grassy median from SH 290 to AJ Foyt
- Add a raised median from AJ Foyt to SH 249
With the proposed alignment, approximately 200 acres of new right of way would be required, including detention ponds.
- Conduct environmental analysis
- Develop proposed build alternative
- Complete Environmental Assessmentument
- Once approved, complete final design
- Begin right of way acquisition