US 67 in Brown and Coleman Counties
The TxDOT Brownwood District is proposing to reconstruct the roadway on US 67, beginning in Brown County for approximately 1.5 miles east of the Coleman County Line and ending at Santa Anna City limits in Coleman County.
Proposed project benefits
- Improve the safety and mobility of US 67
- Build median and westbound lanes, reconstruct eastbound lanes
- Divide the four-lane road with a depressed median
- Improve sight distance by cutting the hill
- Improve drainage
- Add a center turn lane and crossovers for vehicles making left-hand turning movements
- Adding shoulders
This project is subject to final design considerations and does not require right of way.
- Environmental clearance: February 2022
- Finalize construction plans: Spring 2022
- Construction contract awarded: Summer 2022
- Begin Construction: Late Fall 2022
- Construction estimated duration: 2.5 – three years