Notice of Availability and Finding of No Significant Impact - US 59 Corrigan Relief Route
This notice advises the public that TxDOT has issued a finding of no significant impact (FONSI) for the proposed US 59 Corrigan Relief Route project from 3.0 miles south of US 287 to 3.4 miles north of US 287 in Polk County, Texas.
The proposed US 59 Corrigan Relief Route project would provide a 6.4 mile controlled access roadway on new location west of Corrigan. The proposed project would include:
- Four lanes, two in each direction, with overpasses on the north and south ends at the Union Pacific Railroad (UPRR) and US 287
- Additional bridges would be constructed over several creek crossings and Union Springs Rd
No frontage roads are proposed. The proposed right of way (ROW) width varies from 300 feet along the proposed main lane section up to 880 feet at the overpasses.
To avoid noise impacts that may result from future development adjacent to a proposed highway project, a traffic noise analysis is included in the final environmental assessment (EA), which includes predicted noise impacts for currently undeveloped areas. These impacts are intended as a general guide to assist local planning officials and developers plan and construct new activities in locations that would not result in traffic noise impacts. On the date of approval/clearance of an EA/FONSI (including the traffic noise analysis) for a proposed highway project, TxDOT is no longer responsible for providing noise abatement for new development.
Copies of the approved, final EA and FONSI, certification of public involvement, and supporting documentation are available for public inspection at TxDOT Lufkin District Office, 1805 North Timberland Drive, Lufkin, Texas 75901. For further information, please contact (936) 633-4469.
The environmental review, consultation and other actions required by applicable federal environmental laws for this project are being, or have been, carried out by TxDOT pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated Dec. 16, 2014, and executed by FHWA and TxDOT.
- Final Environmental Assessment
- Approved Schematic Sheet 1
- Approved Schematic Sheet 2
- Approved Schematic Sheet 3
- Approved Schematic Sheet 4
- Approved Schematic Sheet 5
- Approved Schematic Sheet 6
- Approved Schematic Sheet 7
- Approved Schematic Sheet 8
- Approved Schematic Sheet 9
- Finding of No Significant Impact (FONSI)
TxDOT Public Information Officer
1805 N. Timberland Dr.
Lufkin, TX 75901
Posted: April 6, 2018