Notice of Availability and Finding of No Significant Impact - FM 2218 from I-69 to SH 36
This notice advises the public that a final environmental assessment (EA) is available for public review and TxDOT has issued a finding of no significant impact (FONSI) for the proposed FM 2218 roadway reconstruction project from I-69 to SH 36 in Fort Bend County, Texas.
The proposed project would consist of:
- Widening and reconstructing the existing roadway by adding an additional lane in each direction to include a 12-foot inside lane
- Adding an outside 15-foot shared-use lane, for a total of four lanes
- Adding a 15-foot raised median, along with a curb and gutter drainage system
- Adding 5-foot sidewalks on both sides
- Realigning a new intersection at SH 36 that will be realigned to a safer, 90-degree configuration
- Adding two outfall channels and two detention ponds
The proposed typical right of way (ROW) would be 120-foot wide for a total project length of 3.6 miles.
To avoid noise impacts that may result from future development adjacent to a proposed highway project, a traffic noise analysis is included in the final EA, which includes predicted noise impact contours for currently undeveloped areas. These impact contours are intended as a general guide to assist local planning officials and developers plan and construct new activities in locations that would not result in traffic noise impacts. On the date of approval/clearance of an EA/FONSI (including the traffic noise analysis) for a proposed highway project, TxDOT is no longer responsible for providing noise abatement for new development.
Copies of the approved, final combined EA and FONSI, certification of public involvement, and supporting documentation are available for public inspection at TxDOT Houston District Headquarters, 7600 Washington Avenue, Houston, Texas 77007.
The environmental review, consultation and other actions required by applicable federal environmental laws for this project are being, or have been, carried out by TxDOT pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated Dec. 16, 2014, and executed by FHWA and TxDOT.
Reference the following project number: CSJ: 0912-31-290
TxDOT Houston District
Public Information Office
Phone: (713) 802-5072
Posted: March 27, 2018