TxDOT is proposing to expand US 190 through the cities of Harker Heights, Nolanville and Belton, Texas. The project would extend from FM 2410 (near Forest Hills Drive) to FM 2410 (Simmons Road). A public meeting was held on Jan. 24, 2017 to gather comments and present information to the general public.
The proposed project would widen US 190 from four lanes to six lanes by adding the third lane of through traffic in the existing median. Entrance and exit ramps would also be adjusted. No additional right of way would be required.
The environmental review, consultation and other actions required by applicable federal environmental laws for this project are being, or have been carried out by TxDOT pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated Dec. 16, 2014, and executed by Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) and TxDOT.
- FM 2410 in Harker Heights to FM 3423 (Indian Trail) – Scheduled to bid for construction in December 2017
- FM 3423 to FM 2410 in Belton – Working with KTMPO to fund in FY 2019
- FM 2410 in Belton to IH 35 – Working with KTMPO to fund after FY 2020
- Finalize schematics for full corridor, FM 2410 in Harker Heights to IH 35
- Finalize environmental review
- Prepare PS&E for FM 2410 in Harker Heights to FM 3423 (Indian Trail)
- Work with KTMPO to fund this section and include in the 2018 UTP
- Prepare PS&E for FM 3423 to FM 2410 in Belton
- Project Location Map
- Fact Sheet
- Typical Section
- Schematic 1
- Schematic 2
- Schematic 3
- Schematic 4
- Schematic 5
- Schematic 6
TxDOT Waco District
100 S. Loop Drive
Waco, TX 76704