US 281 and SH 46
The Texas Department of Transportation is proposing improvements along US 281 and SH 46 in Comal County.
Currently a four-lane divided roadway, with two lanes going north and south.
The proposed short-term improvement project includes adding turnarounds and closing and removing existing crossovers on US 281 north of SH 46, and adding turn lanes and raised medians on SH 46 from Bill Brown Elementary School to US 281. Construction is scheduled to begin by the end of 2014.
The proposed unfunded, mid-range improvements include creating a concept level super street on US 281 from the south Comal County Line to the north Comal County Line.
- Open House Presentation
- Bexar County Line to South of South Johnson Road (schematic 1)
- South of South Johnson Road to North of SH 46 (schematic 2)
- North of SH 46 to South of Rolling Creek (schematic 3)
- Rolling Creek to FM 311 (schematic 4)
- US 281 at SH 46 (US 281 exhibit)
- SH 46 at US 281 (SH 46 exhibit)
TxDOT Public Information Officer
4615 NW Loop 410
San Antonio, TX 78229-0928