SH 75 Montgomery County - FM 3083 to FM 2432
TxDOT is proposing to make improvements to SH 75 in Montgomery County from FM 3083 in the City of Conroe to FM 2432 (West Powell Street) in the City of Willis, a distance of approximately 4.9 miles. The purpose of the proposed project is to improve mobility.
Currently, SH 75 is a two-lane roadway with open ditches.
The city of Conroe is projected to experience significant growth over the next 10 years and increased congestion is anticipated along SH 75 from FM 3083 in Conroe to Willis just north of FM 2432. SH 75 serves as an important route especially when the capacity on I-45 is reached or if there is a major accident along I-45.
The proposed improvements include:
- Widening the existing two-lane roadway to a four-lane divided roadway with curbs and gutters
- Providing drainage for stormwater
- Adding sidewalks
This project requires approximately 9 acres of new right of way with no displacements. The estimated construction cost is approximately $57 million.
- Evaluate public meeting comments
- Finalize environmental review
- Acquire right of way and relocate utilities
- Complete final design
- Construction will begin when funding becomes available
- Project Location Map
- Proposed SH 75 - FM 3083 to Stewarts Creek
- Proposed SH 75 - Stewarts Creek to FM 2432
Reference the following project numbers: 0110-03-078, 0110-03-079, 0110-03-080
TxDOT Houston District