US 77 Woodsboro - Refugio Route Study
The US 77 Woodsboro/Refugio Route Study built on the recommendations and progress of the I-69 Advisory Committee and the I-69 Segment Committee. The study reviewed potential route options and environmental constraints for developing I-69 from the city of Woodsboro to the city of Refugio.
Three route options from Woodsboro to Refugio were identified including:
- A route east of the existing US 77
- A route west of the existing US 77
- A route using the existing US 77
Study Purpose and Need
The study was needed to identify options for routing I-69 from Woodsboro to Refugio. The traffic in this area has increased in recent years, and traffic, especially freight traffic, is anticipated to increase in the future. In addition, the I-69 route will need to meet interstate design standards, minimize impacts to environmental resources, and consider how routing could affect the economic viability and connectivity of the two cities.
The purpose of the study was to identify route options that provide an option for I-69 that meets interstate design standards, has minimal environmental impacts, and accounts for economic viability and connectivity of Woodsboro and Refugio.
The US 77 Woodsboro/Refugio Route Study was completed in 2018 with a route study report finalized in December 2018.
An open house will be held in the summer of 2018. In addition, two stakeholder meetings were held on May 31, 2017 and April 26, 2018.
- Route Study Report
- Stakeholder Meeting #1 Notes
- Stakeholder Meeting #2 Notes
- Stakeholder Meeting #3 Notes
- Environmental Features Map
- Woodsboro – Refugio Proposed Routes
- Woodsboro Proposed Route
- Refugio Proposed West Route
- Refugio Proposed Central Route
- Refugio Proposed East Route
- Proposed Routes Evaluation Matrix
TxDOT Corpus Christi District
1701 S. Padre Island Drive
Corpus Christi, TX 78416