US 77 Sinton Improvement Project
TxDOT's Corpus Christi District is proposing to improve US 77 from Business US Highway 77 South to Business US Highway 77 North in San Patricio County, Texas. The purpose of the project is to improve safety and mobility by upgrading US 77 at Sinton to interstate standards as part of the future Interstate Highway 69 corridor.
The proposed improvements to US 77 include:
- Upgrading the existing four-lane divided rural highway to a four-lane divided freeway to accommodate the growing population and increased traffic, including freight
- Constructing an overpass at County Road 1196 along with intersection improvements
- Continuous frontage roads along with entrance and exit ramps
- Roadway mainlanes would consist of two 12-foot travel lanes in each direction with a 10-foot outside shoulders and a four-foot inside shoulders
- Frontage roads would consist of two 12-ft travel lanes with an eight-foot outside shoulders and a four-foot inside shoulders
- Mainlanes and frontage roads would be separated by grassy medians
The project is approximately 6 miles long and would require additional right-of-way.
TxDOT Corpus Christi District
1701 S. Padre Island Drive
Corpus Christi, TX 78416