SH 36 Improvements in Comanche County
TxDOT is proposing to make improvements to SH 36 in Comanche County, from US 67 to CR 324. The proposed improvements would include the reconstruction of the roadway, addition of passing lanes, drainage improvements, and intersection improvements.
Project Development Phases and Anticipated Schedule
- Develop preliminary schematic designs for proposed project.
- Conduct first Public Meeting Dec. 13, 2018.
- Conduct second Public Meeting: Feb. 26, 2019.
- Begin project design based on public feedback.
- Environmental clearance.
- Review of preliminary design plans.
- After environmental clearance: Begin utility relocations and finalize right-of-way acquisition.
- Contract letting: Preliminary estimate 2021.
- Construction Begins: Estimated three to four months after letting.
- Projected project cost: TBD.
Public Meeting #1 - Dec. 13, 2018 Presented Materials
Public Meeting #2 - Feb. 26, 2019 Presented Materials
TxDOT Brownwood District
2495 Highway 183 N.
Brownwood, TX 76802