Virtual Public Hearing - FM 1560 From FM 471 to SH 16
The virtual public hearing presentation will be available on this page at the date and time indicated below.
The virtual public hearing will be available online beginning at 5 p.m. Thursday, April 15, 2021, through May 1, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. The virtual public hearing will include a presentation with pre-recorded video including audio and visual components and will not be available until the time and date listed.
Members of the public may call 210-714-4279 to provide verbal testimony immediately following the conclusion of the virtual public hearing presentation.
Virtual Public Hearing Sign In:
Please use the virtual sign-in form below to help us better understand who we are reaching:
TxDOT is proposing to expand FM 1560 from FM 471 (Culebra Road) to SH 16 (Bandera Road) in Bexar County, Texas. The purpose of this virtual public hearing is to inform the public of the proposed expansion of FM 1560 and receive comments. Comments must be received on or before Saturday, May 1, 2021, to be a part of the public hearing record.
The proposed project is 5.2 miles long and would include the following:
- Expanding FM 1560 from two to four lanes
- Adding a combination of center turn lane and raised medians, bike lanes and sidewalks
- Widening the right of way from typically 80 feet wide to 120 feet wide.
Although additional right of way would be required, no residential or non-residential structures are anticipated to be displaced at this time.
The virtual public meeting will be available in English. If you need an interpreter or document translator because English is not your primary language or you have difficulty communicating effectively in English, one will be provided to you. If you have a disability and need assistance, special arrangements can be made to accommodate most needs. To make arrangements for any of these needs, please contact Nicolas Garcia, P.E., Consultant, at 210-494-5511, no later than 4 p.m. CT, April 8, 2021. Please be aware that advance notice is required as some services and accommodations may require time for TxDOT to arrange.
Memorandum of Understanding:
The environmental review, consultation, and other actions required by applicable Federal environmental laws for this project are being, or have been, carried-out by TxDOT pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated Dec. 9, 2019, and executed by FHWA and TxDOT.
- Notice (Español)
- Presentation and Script
- Presentation and Script (Español)
- Flyover Visualization
- Schematic 1 - FM 1560 from FM 471 to Shanefield Rd
- Schematic 2 - FM 1560 from Ponce Pass to Riggs Rd
- Printable Comment Form
- Printable Comment Form (Español)
- Online Comment Form
- Online Comment Form (Español)
- Landowner's Rights Information
- Technical Reports
- Biological Resources – Texas Parks & Wildlife Department Tier I
- Community Impacts Assessment Technical Report
- Hazardous Materials Initial Site Assessment (ISA) Report
- Historical Resources Survey Report
- Surface Water Report
- Traffic Noise Report
- Transportation Conformity
- US Department of the Interior Fish and Wildlife Service Consultation
- Documentation of Virtual Public Hearing
TxDOT San Antonio District
4615 NW Loop 410
San Antonio, TX 78229
Posted March 29, 2021