Open House - Hachar-Reuthinger Highway from FM 1472 to I-35
Barbara Fasken Community Center
15201 Cerralvo Drive
Laredo, TX 78045 (Map)
Tuesday, July 9, 2019
6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
The purpose of the open house is to gather public input on the proposed Hachar-Reuthinger Highway from FM 1472 (Mines Road) to the southbound western frontage road of I-35 in Webb County, Texas. The meeting will be an open house format so the public may come and go at their convenience, and staff will be available to answer questions. Comments must be received on or before July 23, 2019 to be a part of the official public meeting record.
The proposed Hachar-Reuthinger Highway will include the following:
- Extend approximately 8.4 miles from FM 1472 (Mines Road) northbound lane east to the southbound (western) frontage road of I-35 approximately 2 miles north of Beltway Parkway/Uniroyal Drive overpass.
- The initial phase of the project from FM 1472 to Beltway Parkway (Phase 1) will consist of a frontage road with two 12-foot lanes with a 4-foot inside and 10-foot outside shoulder in each direction, typically separated by approximately a 180-foot grassy median.
- Phase 2 will continue the same configuration from Beltway Parkway to the I-35 Frontage Road.
- An ultimate future phase will be developed as a full controlled-access freeway and will consist of three 12-foot main lanes with 10-foot inside and outside shoulders in each direction, separated by concrete barrier, three proposed overpasses and the original at-grade frontage roads.
- The project will require between 400 to 500-feet of new right-of-way along its entire length consisting of approximately 480 acres to be donated.
- The proposed facility will cross 100-year floodplains of Cuervo and Sombrerito Creeks.
The proposed highway will be constructed on new location, a portion of which is located within the City of Laredo (Phase 1) and a portion of which (Phase 2) is located within Webb County limits.
TxDOT makes every reasonable effort to accommodate the needs of the public. The meeting will be conducted in English and Spanish speaking personnel will be available. Persons interested in attending the meeting who have special communication or accommodation needs are encouraged to call (956) 712-7416 at least two days prior to the meeting. Every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate these needs.
Memorandum of Understanding:
The environmental review, consultation, and other actions required by applicable federal environmental laws for this project are being, or have been, carried-out by TxDOT pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated December 16, 2014, and executed by FHWA and TxDOT.
TxDOT Laredo District
1817 Bob Bullock Loop
Laredo, TX 78043
Posted June 24, 2019