Public Meeting - FM 1960
Timberwood Middle School
18450 Timber Forest Drive
Humble, TX 77346
Tuesday, Feb. 23, 2016
5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
(No Formal Presentation)
The purpose of the meeting is to gather public input on the improvements to FM 1960 between Business Farm-to-Market Road (BF) 1960A and Lake Houston, in Harris County, Texas.
The proposed project includes:
- Widening the existing four-lane undivided roadway to a six-lane divided highway (three lanes in each direction with the outside lanes being shared-use lanes)
- Curbs and gutters, with raised median
- Based on previous public input, the addition of landscaping with local participation along the raised median
- Grade separation at Atascocita Road, West Lake Houston Parkway and Farmingham Drive
- Five-foot sidewalks along both sides of FM 1960, outside of the shared-use lane
The proposed project would require approximately 48 acres of new right of way, commercial and residential displacements would occur.
The environmental review, consultation and other actions required by applicable federal environmental laws for this project are being, or have been, carried out by TxDOT pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated Dec. 16, 2014, and executed by FHWA and TxDOT.
TxDOT Houston District
Public Information Office