Virtual Public Hearing with In-Person Option - I-35W at Alvarado from CR 604/CR 707 to US 67
The virtual public hearing will be posted on this page beginning by Tuesday, Dec. 7, 2021, at 6 p.m. and remain online through Wednesday, Dec. 22, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. Please note, this is not a live event. The materials can be viewed at your convenience.
Additionally, TxDOT is providing an in-person hearing option for individuals who would like to participate in person instead of online. In-person attendees will be able to review the same materials and presentation as the online public hearing.
Tuesday, Dec. 7, 2021, at 6 p.m., and will remain available through Wednesday, Dec. 22, 2021, at 11:59 p.m.
Tuesday, Dec. 7, 2021
10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
TxDOT Johnson County Area Office
2200 FM 2280
Keene, Texas 76031
TxDOT is proposing to realign Interstate 35W northbound main lanes from CR 604/CR 707 to US 67 within the city of Alvarado and in Johnson County, Texas.
TxDOT is proposing to:
- Realign the I-35W northbound main lanes
- Remove the closed left-hand exit from southbound I-35W main lanes to Business 35W (North Parkway Drive)
- Add a northbound frontage road between US 67 and BUS 35W (North Parkway Drive)
- Convert the existing frontage road from BUS 35W (North Parkway Drive) to CR 604/CR 707 from two-way to a one-way frontage road. This would provide a continuous, one-way frontage road from US 67 to the CR 604/CR 707 intersection
- Realign existing BUS 35W (North Parkway Drive) to a T-intersection at the proposed northbound frontage road
- Construct a 10-foot shared-use path for bicycle and pedestrian accommodations from US 67 extending north and terminating approximately 856 feet north of the BUS 35W (North Parkway Drive) T-intersection
- Construct a five-foot sidewalk along BUS 35W (North Parkway Drive) from the intersection with the I-35W northbound frontage road terminating at the existing Village Park Drive driveway
Additionally, the proposed project would include the reversal of the existing northbound I-35W entrance and exit ramps to increase mobility and enhance safety. The proposed project is approximately 1.15 miles long and would not require additional right-of-way or permanent easements, but new control of access would be required at designated areas.
The virtual public hearing and in-person option will be conducted in English. If you need an interpreter or document translator because English is not your primary language or you have difficulty communicating effectively in English, one will be provided to you. If you have a disability and need assistance, special arrangements can be made to accommodate most needs. If you need interpretation or translation services or you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation to attend and participate in the virtual public hearing or in-person option, please contact TxDOT Design Project Manager Thomas Marquardt, P.E. at (817) 370-6772 no later than 4 p.m. CT, Thursday, Dec. 2, 2021. Please be aware that advance notice is required as some services and accommodations may require time for the Texas Department of Transportation to arrange.
Memorandum of Understanding:
The environmental review, consultation, and other actions required by applicable Federal environmental laws for this project are being, or have been, carried-out by TxDOT pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated Dec. 9, 2019, and executed by the Federal Highway Administration and TxDOT.
- Notice (Español)
- Fact Sheet
- Fact Sheet (Español)
- Parking Map
- Parking Map (Español)
- Project Location Map
- Project Location Map (Español)
- Public Hearing Display
- Comment Form
- Presentation (Español)
- Script (Español)
- Constraints Map
- Hazardous Materials Initial Site Assessment
- Project Coordination Request for Historical Studies Project
- Traffic Noise Analysis Technical Report
- Texas Parks and Wildlife Department Endangered Species Report
- USFWS List of Threatened and Endangered Species
- Species Analysis Summary
- Tier 1 Site Assessment
- Archeological Background Study
- Surface Water Analysis
- Community Impacts Assessment Technical Report
- Open‐Ended (d) Categorical Exclusion Classification Request Form
- Amendment to Open-Ended (d) Categorical Exclusion Classification Request Form
- Conformity Report Form
- Documentation of Public Meeting
TxDOT Fort Worth District Office
2501 SW Loop 820
Fort Worth, TX, 76133
Posted: Nov. 16, 2021