Notice and Opportunity to Comment on Jasper Sidewalks at Various Locations - Park Lane, FM 2799, Peachtree Street, Cavin Street and Parnell Elementary School Circle Drive
TxDOT and Jasper County are proposing to construct sidewalks along portions of Park Lane, FM 2799, Peachtree Street, Cavin Street and Parnell Elementary School Circle Drive in Jasper, County. This notice is affording an opportunity to comment as part of the environmental review process for this project. This notice is affording an opportunity to comment as part of the environmental review process for this project. All comments must or received on or before Thursday, Dec. 30, 2021.
The proposed project would construct:
- Six-foot sidewalks, 0.03 miles along Park Lane from Farm to Market (FM) 2799 to Parnell Elementary School
- Five to six-foot sidewalks, 0.41 miles along FM 2799 from Park Lane to Peachtree Street
- Four to six-foot sidewalks, 0.50 miles along Peachtree Street from FM 2799 to Jasper Manor Apartments
- Eight-foot sidewalks, 0.21 miles along Cavin Street from Peachtree to Main Street
- One acre of temporary construction easement, which would be required at the entrance of Park Lane, at eight driveways along FM 2799, at six driveways along Peachtree Street and at ten driveways along Cavin Street
Although no additional right of way would be required, a temporary easement of one acre would be needed.
The project materials are written in English. If you need an interpreter or document translator because English is not your primary language or you have difficulty communicating effectively in English, one will be provided to you. If you have a disability and need assistance, special arrangements can be made to accommodate most needs. If you need interpretation or translation services or you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation to review the project materials or submit information, please contact the Public Information Officer at 409-898-5745 no later than 4 p.m. CT, at least three business days before the date on which you would like to review the project materials or submit information. Please be aware that advance notice is required as some services and accommodations may require time for TxDOT to arrange.
Memorandum of Understanding:
The environmental review, consultation, and other actions required by applicable Federal environmental laws for this project are being, or have been, carried-out by TxDOT pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated Dec. 9, 2019, and executed by FHWA and TxDOT.
TxDOT Beaumont District
8350 Eastex Freeway
Beaumont, TX 77708
Posted on: Dec. 9, 2021