State Apportionment Formula Funding – Application* for this funding may be made at any time.
- Notification of acceptance/non-acceptance of a requested project as a tentative grant will be made by May 1, prior to the publication of the Capital Improvement Program.
- Accepted projects will be included in the Aviation Division’s Capital Improvement Program, typically three years or more in the future.
- Aviation Division Capital Improvement Program is posted on the division’s website.
- All accepted projects with a high priority will be forwarded to FAA for consideration as a Discretionary Category project.
- Airport sponsors will be notified if their project has been submitted to FAA for discretionary funding consideration.
Discretionary Category Funding – Selection for this funding will be determined by FAA from the list of “High Priority Projects” submitted by the Aviation Division.
- FAA selected projects for discretionary funding will typically be included in the third year of the program.
- Airport sponsors will be notified by the Aviation Division that their project has been selected.
- The Aviation Division will notify airport sponsors any time a change in the status of their project occurs.
Non-Primary Entitlement Category Funding (NPE) – Application* for this funding category may be made at any time.
- Funding in this category may be banked for a maximum of four years.
- Airport sponsors must notify TxDOT Aviation of their intent to use NPE funds for a project prior to December 31 in the fiscal year the funds will expire.
- Projects in this category may use funding for revenue producing items as long as all other airside needs have been met.
- Use of NPE funding for construction of revenue producing facilities will eliminate this airport for state apportionment or discretionary funding consideration for the following three (current year plus two) years.
* Application for project funding is made by submitting a Letter of Interest to the Aviation Divsion.