Public Meeting - Laredo I-35 Corridor Projects
Texas A&M International University
Western Hemispheric Trade Building – Room 111
5201 University Blvd.
Laredo, TX 78653 (Map)
Tuesday, July 17, 2018
5 p.m. - 7 p.m.
The purpose of the public meeting is to gather public input on the proposed Laredo I-35 Corridor Projects with improvements to approximately 24-miles of I-35 in northern Laredo and Webb counties. The meeting will be an open house format so the public may come and go at their convenience, and staff will be available to answer questions. Comments must be received on or before Aug 6, 2018 to be a part of the official public meeting record.
Proposed improvements include the following:
- Shiloh Road to US 59 Loop: Adding additional travel lanes (from 2 to 3) in each direction. This widening would require that the crossing at the U-P Railroad be changed from under the rail line to over the rail line. Funded for construction in FY 2021 ($64 Million).
- Completing the design of the remaining five direct connectors between I-35 and the US 59 Loop. At this time, only one DC is funded – DC#5 from westbound US59 Loop to southbound I-35 for construction in FY 2019 ($30 Million).
- Reconfiguring the I-35 frontage roads and crossover at Killam Industrial Blvd. intersection. (Unfunded).
- Reconstructing and widening the overpass at Uniroyal Road; this work would also include reconfiguring the frontage road and on/off ramps in this area. Funded for construction in 2021 ($65 Million).
- Widening the I-35 mainlanes from Uniroyal to Mile Marker (MM) 30. (Unfunded).
- Reconstructing the U-P Railroad crossing at MM 19 from under to over the rail line to allow for the widening of the mainlanes. This work would also provide for an improved interchange at the US 83 intersection. Additional right-of-way would be required to implement this work. Funded for construction in 2021 ($75 Million).
These I-35 upgrades would fully integrate with the other proposed projects including the Vallecillo Road and Hachar Parkway that are being proposed by the City of Laredo, Webb County and the WC-CL Regional Mobility Authority.
Proposed Work on I-69W: Widening I-69W from two to three mainlanes from World Trade Bridge to I-35 ($15 Million) will also be discussed.
TxDOT makes every reasonable effort to accommodate the needs of the public. The open house will be in English. If you have a special communication accommodation or need for an interpreter, a request can be made. If you have a disability and need assistance, special arrangements can also be made to accommodate most needs. Please call (956) 712-7416 at least 3 working days prior to the meeting. Please be aware that advance notice is requested as some accommodations may require time for TxDOT to arrange.
Memorandum of Understanding:
The environmental review, consultation, and other actions required by applicable federal environmental laws for this project are being, or have been, carried-out by TxDOT pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated December 16, 2014, and executed by FHWA and TxDOT.
- Public Meeting Handout
- Display Boards
- Schematic and Alternatives Roll 1
- Schematic and Alternatives Roll 2
- Schematic and Alternatives Roll 3
- Schematic and Alternatives Roll 4
- Comment Card
- Comment Card (Español)
- Notice (Español)
- Newsletter #1
- Newsletter #1 (Español)
- Newsletter #2
- Newsletter #2 (Español)
TxDOT Laredo District
1817 Bob Bullock Loop
Laredo, TX 78043
Posted July 2, 2018