Plans Online FAQ
If you can't find an answer to your question, submit an email question to our Plans Online Help Desk.
Submit an Open Records Request for a copy of the plan to the TxDOT District where the project is located. You may also contact the district office by email, phone, fax or in person to request a copy of the plans. You will need to provide detailed information to the district, i.e., name, business, address, etc. Also, provide the project number, CSJ, or other information that will help the district locate the plans.
The release day is 21 days prior to the first day of letting and all plans should be posted on Plans Online by the release date if they have been received.
Proposals should be posted on the project release date, which is 21 days prior to the first day of letting.
Plans Online only posts project plans that are available for bidding. To find information about projects in the planning stages, there are several options:
If a job is on the FTP site and you cannot view it on your monitor, there are two things you can try if you are using Internet Explorer (if using another browser, use its "Help" feature to search for how to delete your history and/or cache).
First, you may need to refresh your screen. You can do this by pressing the "F5" key or clicking on the "refresh" icon in your tool bar. If that does not work you may need to clear the history, or temporary, files off your computer. You can do this by:
- Selecting "Tools" from the tool menu
- Select "Internet Options"
- Select "Delete Files..."
- Select "OK" to delete all files in the Temporary Internet Files
- Select "OK" to close Internet Options
- Close and re-start Internet Explorer
- Downloading a large plan set takes time depending on the Internet Service Provider and the size of the file, especially if your provider is a dial-up service. DSL or cable Internet greatly speeds downloading time. If you are downloading a large file it may take several minutes to complete the download.