Community benefit videos
In this video, six people who have close ties to neighborhoods along the I-45 NHHIP route explain in detail why they support this project.
- Dr. Robert Muhammad/Greater Southeast Management District
- Pastor Rudy Rasmus/St. John’s United Methodist Church
- Kathy Payton/Fifth Ward Economic Development Corporation
- Algenita Davis/Resident
- Tanya Debose/Independence Heights Redevelopment Council
- Belinda Everette/NAACP Houston Housing Chair
This video tells the story of Cynthia Winborn, whose apartment complex is impacted the I-45 NHHIP. TxDOT relocators helped her find a new place that is much better for her and her 80-year-old mother to live.