La Salle County Safety Rest Area
Texas safety rest areas feature many benefits for travelers in Texas.
Our 76 safety rest areas feature 24-hour restrooms. Most locations have attendants on duty 24 hours a day. Other locations have attendants on duty from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily.
La Salle County northbound
- IH 35 - Northbound, approximately 8 miles south of Cotulla.
- Latitude/longitude: 28.3196, -99.2745
- Mile marker: 59
La Salle County southbound
- IH 35 - Southbound, approximately 8 miles south of Cotulla.
- Latitude/longitude: 28.3237, -99.276
- Mile marker: 60
- Two sets of men's and women's restrooms.
- Interpretive displays.
- Air-conditioned lobby and restrooms.
- Picnic tables.
- Drinking water.
- Family/assisted restroom.
- Separate truck and passenger parking.
- Group picnic facility.
- Vending machines.
- Handicap access.
- Newly constructed facility opened in Fall 2014.
- The building design will reflect vernacular and industrial characteristics of regional structures including barns, dance halls, feed stores. The new building will also incorporate sustainable elements including a traditional windmill, photovoltaic cells and LED lighting.
- La Salle County was named for René Robert Cavelier (1643-1687), a French explorer who assumed the title Sieur de La Salle after the name of a family estate. La Salle led an expedition in and around present day La Salle county around 1685. One of the ships sailed from France for the expedition, La Belle, was discovered in 1995 and was regarded as one of the most important archaeological finds of the century.
- Located in the "South Texas Plains" region of Texas. Visit our Texas Highways Magazine to find out interesting places and events happening in this region.