SH 288 Toll Lanes - request for qualifications (RFQ)
SH 288 Toll Lanes
On Sept. 24, 2013, TxDOT announced the short list of the most qualified teams to compete for the SH 288 Toll Lanes Project in Harris County. The teams will be invited to submit a detailed proposal.
On Aug. 6, 2013, TxDOT posted the list of qualification teams and equity members for the SH 288 Toll Lanes Project in Harris County.
Request for qualifications
TxDOT is seeking qualifications statements (QS) from teams interested in entering into a toll concession public-private partnership agreement (P3A) in response to a RFQ to develop, design, construct, finance, operate, and maintain tolled lanes, general purpose lanes, and associated facilities along an approximately 10.3-mile segment of SH 288 from US 59 to the Harris County line at Clear Creek in Harris County. The project is expected to be completed in two phases: Initial Phase and Ultimate Phase.
The Initial Phase of the Project includes the following:
- The design, construction, maintenance, and operation of four tolled lanes within the median of SH 288 from US 59 to the Harris County line at Clear Creek
- The design, construction, maintenance, and operation of up to eight direct connectors at Beltway (“BW”) 8
- The maintenance and operation of the general purpose lanes and associated facilities along the 10.3-mile section of SH 288.
As part of the Initial Phase, TxDOT may include in the Project the design, construction, maintenance, and operation of a two lane two-way connector providing access from SH 288 tolled lanes to the Texas Medical Center connector.
The Ultimate Phase of the Project is the ultimate project configuration and includes the following:
- The addition of one general purpose lane in each direction from Interstate Highway (“IH”) 610 to BW 8
- Improvements to the IH 610 interchange.