Bridge replacement on I-30 at FM 2642 – Hunt County
TxDOT has begun a $23.2 million bridge replacement project on I-30 in Hunt County at FM 2642. The 3.9-mile project runs from the Rockwall County line to FM 1565. Construction is expected to last approximately 18 months.
The reconstruction effort includes:
- Raising the vertical clearance of the overpass at FM 2642 and improving mobility at the intersection by adding lanes and relocating the entrance and exit ramps.
- The overpass will be built for three through lanes with a 10-foot inside shoulder and a 10-foot outside shoulder on both eastbound and westbound lanes.
- The underpass will have a left-turn lane and a through lane, as well as turnaround lanes.
- The frontage road for eastbound IH 30 on the south side is already one way but the other frontage roads are two-way.
- This project will have all the frontage roads converted to one way.
TxDOT is committed to working with the public to minimize impacts from construction projects as much as possible. Although some traffic delays are expected, traffic will continue to use the current bridge structure while building the new bridge structure in five phases:
February 2017 - March 2017
- Construct temporary pavement
- Construct County Road 2515 improvements
- Convert frontage roads to one-way traffic
March 2017 - November 2017
- Construct portion of frontage roads
- Construct retaining walls
November 2017 - May 2018
- Construct remaining portion of frontage roads and West half of FM 2642
May 2018 - June 2018
- Construct remaining portion of FM 2642 North and South of frontage roads
June 2018 - December 2018
- Construct bridge and I-30 main lanes
- Place final striping and signage
- Monday - Friday standard construction work hours (dawn - dusk)
- No anticipated weekend work
TxDOT Paris District
Public Information Office