McHard Road - Brazoria County (from Cullen Boulevard to Mykawa Road)
The City of Pearland, in cooperation with TxDOT, proposes constructing an extension of McHard Road, from Cullen Boulevard to Mykawa Road. The extension of McHard Road would move east/west traffic through north Pearland and north Brazoria County, and provide relief for congested travel conditions on West Broadway Street.
There is no existing roadway throughout much of the area along the proposed McHard Road roadway. There is approximately 0.7 mile of existing two-lane roadway, Brookside Road, from Cullen Boulevard to Stone Road.
McHard Road currently extends to the east of Mykawa Road and to the west of Cullen Boulevard, making the segment between Cullen and Mykawa the last piece needed to link the east/west corridor.
This is a partnership between the City of Pearland and TxDOT.
The proposed project includes construction of approximately 3.5 miles of four-lane divided concrete roadway with the following improvements:
- Adding curbs and gutters, landscaped medians, irrigation, a sidewalk and bike trail, pedestrian ramps, drainage and detention ponds
- Adding five signalized intersections at Max; Roy; O’Day; Garden; and Hatfield Roads
- Widening intersecting roads for left-turn bays
The roadway alignment is expected to follow existing and new locations between Cullen Boulevard and Mykawa Road in the City of Pearland, north Brazoria County. Approximately 68 acres of additional right of way would be required, including 12 residences and three businesses displaced due to the proposed project.
- Public hearing anticipated early 2017
- Environmental decision approximately mid-2017
- Right-of-way acquisition anticipated mid-2017
- February 21, 2017 - Open House
- March 24, 2015 - Open House
- August 2, 2017 - Notice of Availability – Finding of No Significant Impact