Public Meeting - Veterans Boulevard Future SH 495
E.B. Reyna Elementary School Cafeteria (Map)
707 E. Veterans Blvd.
Thursday, Oct. 27, 2016
Open House: 5 p.m. - 6 p.m.
TxDOT, in cooperation with Hidalgo County Precinct #3 and the City of Palmview, is hosting a public meeting to discuss the proposed widening of Veterans Boulevard (Future State Highway 495) from I-2 (US 83) to SH 364 (La Homa Road) in Hidalgo County, Texas.
Proposed improvements include:
- Pedestrian accommodations
- Existing roadway geometry and operations
- Transportation network enhancements
Veterans Blvd improvements include:
- Widening and reconstruction to provide an 82-foot-wide curb and gutter consisting of four 12-foot-wide travel lanes
- Adding a 14-foot-wide continuous two-way left-turn lane
- Adding two 10-foot-wide shoulders
- Adding five-foot-wide sidewalks on both sides of the roadway
Once construction begins on this project, the roadway would be officially designated as SH 495. The proposed project would require approximately 11.1 acres of additional right of way: 7.1 acres for the roadway and acres for the outfall. It is anticipated that the project would require one residential relocation, nine potential mobile home relocations and no business relocations.
TxDOT Pharr District
600 W. I-2
Pharr, TX 78577
Updated Nov. 4, 2016.