Open House - Proposed Improvements for I-35 Parmer Ln and SH 45N to Grand Ave Pkwy
Walnut Creek Elementary School Library (Map)
401 W Braker Lane
Austin, TX 78753
Tuesday, Dec. 6, 2016
5:30 p.m. - 7 p.m.
The purpose of the open house is to present the proposed improvements for two Mobility35 projects, the I-35 at Parmer Lane Project and the I-35 from SH 45N to Grand Avenue Parkway. The open house will allow attendees the opportunity to review and comment on the proposed projects, which are a part of the overall Mobility35 Program. No formal presentation will be given and attendees may come-and-go at their convenience. If you are unable to attend the meeting in-person but would like to learn more about the projects or submit a question or comment, please visit the online virtual open house between Dec. 6 and Dec. 20, 2016.
Comments may also be mailed to Environmental Specialist, Texas Department of Transportation, Austin District, P.O. Box 15426, Austin, Texas 78761-5426, faxed to (512) 832-7157 (Attn: Environmental Specialist), or submitted by email by Dec. 20, 2016.
Those who have communication or accommodation needs are encouraged to contact (512) 832-7298 at least three business days prior to the open house. Every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate these needs.
The purpose of the I-35 at Parmer Lane project is to improve safety and mobility. The proposed project would:
- Replace the traditional intersection with a diverging diamond intersection
- Add a southbound intersection bypass lane
- Reconstruct two entrance and exit ramps south of Parmer Lane
- Construct right-turn lanes at the intersection of Lamar Boulevard and Parmer Lane
- Construct dual left-turn lanes from Parmer Lane to Lamar Boulevard
- Improve bicycle and pedestrian accommodations
The purpose of the I-35 from SH 45N to Grand Avenue Parkway project is to improve safety and mobility by reducing lane merging and weaving on the northbound I-35 mainlanes. The proposed project would:
- Reconfigure the northbound entrance and exit ramps
- Construct an auxiliary lane, or extended entrance/exit lane, on the northbound I-35 mainlanes under SH 45N
- Construct an extended entrance/exit lane on the northbound frontage road
TxDOT Austin District
P.O. Box 15426
Austin, TX 78761-5426