Public Hearing - I-35 at Riverside
W.B. Travis High School (Map)
1211 E. Oltorf St.
Austin, TX 78704
Thursday, Sept. 29, 2016
Open House: 6 p.m.
Formal Presentation: 6:30 p.m.
TxDOT invites citizens to a public hearing on the I-35 project from south of Holly Street to north of Oltorf Street. Attendees will be able to review project information and visit one-on-one with project team members prior to the formal hearing presentation and public comment period.
If you are unable to attend the meeting in-person but would like to learn more about the project or submit a question or comment, please visit our online virtual public hearing between Sept. 29 and Oct. 13, 2016.
Those who have special communication or accommodation needs are encouraged to call James Lowe at (512) 342-3333 at least three business days prior to the public hearing. Every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate these needs.
The purpose of the project is to improve safety and mobility. The proposed improvements associated with this project include:
- Reconstruct I-35 mainlanes and frontage roads to improve sight distance
- Add collector-distributor roads, or intersection bypass lanes, under Riverside Drive to allow north and south through-traffic to bypass signals
- Replace bridge crossings at Riverside Drive and Woodland Avenue
- Widen I-35 bridges over Lady Bird Lake to accommodate intersection bypass lanes and widened shoulders
- Reconfigure intersection lanes at Riverside Drive and Woodland Avenue
- Improve bicycle and pedestrian facilities along I-35 frontage roads, Woodland Avenue and Riverside Drive
The environmental review, consultation and other actions required by applicable federal environmental laws for this project are being, or have been, carried out by TxDOT pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated Dec. 16, 2014, and executed by FHWA and TxDOT.
TxDOT Austin District
P.O. Box 15426
Austin, TX 78761-5426
Updated Nov. 18, 2016.