Notice of Availability - I-35 Finding of No Significant Impact
TxDOT is advising the public of the availability of the Finding of No Significant Impact (FONSI) and an Environmental Assessment (EA) for the proposed I-35 project from Rundberg Lane to US 290 East in Travis County.
The purpose of the project is to improve safety and mobility. The proposed improvements associated with this project include:
- Providing direct connectors (flyovers) between:
- I-35 southbound to US 183 southbound
- US 183 northbound to I-35 northbound
- I-35 southbound to US 183 northbound
- Adding dedicated lanes to the I-35 frontage road in both directions to bypass the St. Johns Avenue signalized intersection
- Replacing the existing St. Johns Avenue bridge over I-35 to provide the required vertical clearance
- Providing frontage road U-turns for the northbound and southbound directions at St. Johns Avenue
- Modifying the I-35 northbound to US 183 northbound flyover
- Providing bicycle and pedestrian facilities along the frontage roads
To avoid noise impacts that may result from future development adjacent to a proposed highway project, a traffic noise analysis is included in the final EA, which includes predicted noise impact contours for currently undeveloped areas. These impact contours are intended as a general guide to assist local planning officials and developers plan and construct new activities in locations that would not result in traffic noise impacts. On the date of approval/clearance of an EA/FONSI (including the traffic noise analysis) for a proposed highway project, TxDOT is no longer responsible for providing noise abatement for new development.
Copies of the FONSI and the Environmental Assessment, which includes the public hearing documents are available for inspection at:
TxDOT Austin District
7901 N. I-35
Austin, TX 78753
These documents can also be accessed on the project website.
The environmental review, consultation and other actions required by applicable federal environmental laws for this project are being, or have been, carried out by TxDOT pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated Dec. 16, 2014, and executed by FHWA and TxDOT.
TxDOT Austin District
P.O. Box 15426
Austin, TX 78761-5426
Posted Aug. 22, 2016.