The Engineering Assistant Career Development Program (EACDP) has four primary components:
- Participation in Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) and Professional Engineering (PE) exam test preparation courses
- Access to additional core, knowledge and performance-based training courses
- Job rotation opportunities to strengthen Engineering Assistant’s (EAs) practical knowledge and job performance
- Mentoring and Professional Development Advisor (PDA) support
Exam Preparation Courses
- EPC101 FE Exam Preparation: six week/96-hour course
- EPC102 PE Exam Preparation – Breadth: six week/96-hour course
- EPC103 PE Exam Preparation – Depth: six week/96-hour course
Other Training Opportunities
TxDOT offers free instructor-led and online trainings that may assist with career development and exam preparation.
Job Rotation Activity (JRA)
JRAs are a temporary assignment, designed to familiarize EAs with activities across multiple engineering disciplines.
Networking and PDA Support
- Mentors: provide guidance and advice to facilitate the EA’s development
- Engineering Assistant Groups: meet regularly to discuss professional development, tour projects, volunteer activities, etc.
- PDA Support: coaching and guidance provided to EAs including completing Supplemental Experience Record reviews