Memorial Drive from BW 8 to Tallowood Road
Memorial City Redevelopment Authority (MCRA)/Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone (TIRZ) 17 on behalf of the City of Houston, and in cooperation with TxDOT, are proposing the reconstruction of Memorial Drive from east of Beltway 8 to east of Tallowood Drive in the City of Houston, Harris County.
Memorial Drive is an undivided roadway, which consists of two 11-foot wide travel lanes in each direction from east of Beltway 8 to east of Tallowood Drive. Sidewalks vary in width and there are two signalized intersections.
The proposed improvements include the following:
- Reconstructing the roadway by widening Memorial Drive to two 12-foot wide travel lanes in each direction with a raised median
- Installing 8-foot wide ADA-compliant sidewalk along both sides of Memorial Drive
- Upgrading subsurface public utilities
- Upgrading existing traffic signals
- Replacing the remaining existing ditches with an upgraded storm sewer system by installing varying sized reinforced concrete boxes and pipes
There is approximately .02 acre of new right of way required.
- Consider comments after public meeting
- Finalize environmental documents and receive final environmental decision
- Final design completed in 2020
- Anticipated construction activities to begin in mid-2020 (upon approval)
- Construction to take approximately 24 months to complete
Reference the following project number: 0912-72-391