FM 521 from BW 8 to FM 2234
This construction project includes widening and improving FM 521 (Almeda Road) from BW 8 in Harris County to FM 2234 (McHard Road) in Fort Bend County. FM 521 is currently a two-lane rural undivided roadway.
Planned Construction Improvements
- Reconstruct and widen FM 521 to a four-lane divided urban roadway from BW 8 in Harris County to south of FM 2234 in Fort Bend County
- Construct proposed "grade separations" on FM 2234; this means FM 2234 will be elevated and cross over FM 521 at the Missouri Pacific Railroad crossings
The purpose of the project is expected to improve safety, enhance mobility and accommodate current and future growth, and improve railroad/local traffic crossings.
Information about the concurrent project on FM 521 from FM 2234 to SH 6 in Fort Bend County can be found on the project page.
- Construction is underway and anticipated completion is August 2019
Lane Closure and Detour Information
Lane closure and detour information can be monitored by:
- Checking Houston TranStar for closure and detour information
- Checking DriveTexas.Org for closure and detour information
- Following us on the TxDOT Houston Twitter site
- Notice of Availability - Finding of No Significant Impact
- Public Hearing - Aug. 25, 2016
- Public Hearing - June 10, 2014
- Public Meeting Summary Report - May 2009
- Public Hearing Summary Report - April 28, 2016
- Project Location Map
Reference Control Section Job Number XXXXXX when contacting the Brazoria Area Office
1033 E. Orange
Angleton, TX 77515