FM 2920 Safety Improvements
The TxDOT Houston District is proposing improvements on Farm-to-Market (FM) 2920 from Interstate 45 to North Willow Street in Harris County, Texas. The purpose of the proposed project is to improve safety and reduce accidents along the roadway.
Currently, FM 2920 is a four-lane undivided roadway with a continuous center turn lane.
- The crash rate throughout the project area is significantly higher than the statewide average
- Nine fatalities have occurred during the five-year study timeframe
- Two of the fatalities involved pedestrians
- Most of the crashes along FM 2920 are near major intersections
- Driveway density along the roadway exceeds typical standards
- The increase of driveways along the roadway increases the probability of a collision
- The proposed installation of a raised median would limit left turn opportunities and reduces safety risks associated with left-turning cars crossing in front of oncoming traffic
The proposed changes would include:
- Construction of right-turn lanes
- Installation of continuous raised medians West of SH 99 to West of I-45
The project would take place within the existing right-of-way on FM 2920 and no displacements are anticipated.
- April 27, 2021 - Virtual Public Meeting
Reference the following project number: 2941-02-062, etc.
TxDOT Houston District