I-30 West Corridor Study
Interstate 30 is one of the main east-west corridors through the cities of Fort Worth, White Settlement, Benbrook, and the towns of Westover Hills and Westworth Village in Tarrant County.
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, Tarrant County was ranked as the fifth fastest growing county in the United States between 2010 and 2019. This growth is the catalyst for the need to expand the existing transportation infrastructure.
The TxDOT Fort Worth District is conducting a corridor study of I-30, between I-820 and Chisholm Trail Parkway, to develop proposed improvements that would increase capacity, improve safety and mobility and ease congestion in this area. The proposed project is approximately 9 miles long and extends through portions of the cities of Fort Worth and White Settlement, located within Tarrant County, Texas.
The purpose of the I-30 West Corridor Study is to evaluate the reconstruction and widening of the existing I-30 corridor, to consider potential express lanes, to evaluate improvements to the frontage roads, ramps and cross streets including the I-30/I-820, I-30/Spur 341, and I-30/SH 183 interchanges within the project limits and add shared-use paths along the project for improved bicycle and pedestrian accommodations.
As the project progresses, public involvement will be a key component of the project. Interested residents as well as property and business owners can provide comments throughout the study and at public meetings planned at key milestones during the project.
The public will be able to gather information, review schematic plans, meet with TxDOT and consultant staff (in-person or virtually), ask questions, and provide comments regarding the proposed design, right of way and potential environmental effects during upcoming meetings/hearing. The following is a tentative meeting/hearing schedule:
- Public Meeting 1: Fall of 2021
- Public Meeting 2: Anticipated mid 2023
- Public Hearing: Anticipated late 2023
Technical Working Group Meeting #1 - held on June 20, 2019
Stakeholder Meeting Series – held February to March, 2021
- Project Location Map
- Schematic 1 – I-820/I-30 interchange to west of Cherry Lane
- Schematic 2 – West of Cherry Lane to west of Green Oaks Road
- Schematic 3 - West of Green Oaks Road to east of Bryant Irvin Road
- Schematic 4 - East of Bryant Irvin Road to Clover Lane
- Schematic 5 - Clover Lane to Forest Park Boulevard
- Schematic 6 - Chapin Road to Westpoint Boulevard
- Schematic 7 - Westpoint Boulevard to Silver Creek Road
- Schematic 8 - Spur 341/SH 183 area
- SH 183/Spur 341 Split Diamond Interchange
- SH 183 Divergent Diamond/Spur 341 Partial (2) Direct Connectors Interchange
- SH 183/Spur 341 Trumpet Interchange
- SH 183 Diamond/Spur 341 Partial (3) Direct Connectors Interchange
- SH 183 3-level Diamond Spur 341 Diamond Interchange
- SH 183 Diamond/SH 341 Half Diverging Diamond Interchange
- SH 183 Diamond/Spur 341 Partial (3) Direct Connectors with Roundabout Interchange
Fort Worth District Office
2501 SW Loop 820
Fort Worth, Texas 76133