I-20 – Ranger Hill
In July 2017, TxDOT initiated construction of improvements to realign and rebuild I-20 in Eastland County from approximately 3.5 miles east of Loop 254 to .5 miles east of SH 16. This three-mile project will improve safety by reducing the steep grade and improving the curves at Ranger Hill.
Improvements to address safety and mobility include:
- Realigning and reconstructing the interstate to straighten out and soften the curve and reduce the steep grade of the hill
- Adding a new 12-foot wide westbound climbing (or passing) lane
- Increasing shoulder widths to 10-feet in each direction
- Adding new 12-foot wide eastbound and westbound continuous two-way frontage roads with shoulders in each directionand 12-foot-wide lanes
- Reconstructing the safety rest area entrance/exit ramps to align with the new frontage road configuration
Schedule and Additional Information
Temporary lane closures and traffic shifts may periodically be required for construction activities on I-20 at Ranger Hill. Please monitor electronic message signs near the construction site for daily updates, as well as Drive Texas and the Brownwood District's Twitter feed.
TxDOT Brownwood District
2495 Highway 183 N.
Brownwood, TX 76802