||The proposed project includes:
The project would require approximately 4.2 acres of new right of way (ROW) and approximately 3.5 acres of temporary construction easements. No displacements or relocations are proposed.
- Reconstruction of existing two-lane roadway to a four-lane roadway with curbs, gutters and a flush median
- Six-foot-wide sidewalk along the north side of the highway, and a shared 15-foot-wide lane for bicyclists
- Two detention ponds, located near Alligator Creek and west of Sgt. Holcomb Boulevard
The proposed project has changed since the September 2005 public meeting:
The public meeting will be held in an open house format to allow for one-on-one opportunities for citizens to have questions answered by TxDOT staff and the project team.
- The project limits have been reduced by approximately 2,000 feet on the west end to avoid a historic magnolia tree
- Due to utility conflicts, the overall width of the project was reduced and the median type changed from a raised to a flush median
- The proposed ROW has been reduced to minimize potential impacts to several properties along FM 2854
The environmental review, consultation and other actions required by applicable federal environmental laws for this project are being, or have been, carried out by TxDOT pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated Dec. 16, 2014, and executed by FHWA and TxDOT.