Virtual Public Meeting with In-Person Options - I-30 West Corridor Study
The virtual public meeting will be posted below beginning Tuesday, March 22, 2022, at 3 p.m., and will remain online through Monday, April 25, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. Please note, this is not a live event. The materials can be viewed at your convenience.
Additionally, TxDOT is providing an in-person meeting options for individuals who would like to participate in person instead of online. In-person attendees will be able to review the same materials and presentation as the online public meeting.
Tuesday, March 22, 2022 at 3 p.m. and will remain online through Monday, April 25, 2022, at 11:59 p.m.
Attendance at the in-person options are preferred to be by appointment only. Individuals wishing to attend an in-person option must sign up online or call (833) 933- 0431 and leave a voicemail with your contact information. A team member will then contact you to schedule an appointment. In recognition of COVID-19, enhanced safety measures will be applied at the in-person option, including the request to have an appointment and follow social distancing practices. If anyone arrives without an appointment, they may be asked to wait outside to ensure we maintain appropriate occupancy within the meeting space as people with scheduled appointments will receive priority.
Tuesday, March 22, 2022
3 - 7 p.m.
Education Service Center Region 11
1451 S. Cherry Lane
White Settlement, TX 76108
Thursday, March 24, 2022
4 - 8 p.m.
Fort Worth Botanic Garden - Oak Hall/Rose Room
3220 Botanic Garden Boulevard
Fort Worth, TX 76107
The same information will be presented at both meetings.
TxDOT is preparing a corridor study to determine proposed improvements to I-30 from I-820 to Chisholm Trail Parkway, I-820 from Clifford Street to Chapin Road, Spur 341 from I-30 to Downe Drive, and SH 183 from Ridgmar Meadow Road to Rosewood Street in Tarrant County, Texas.
The existing I-30 consists of three to four general purpose lanes and two to four discontinuous frontage road lanes in each direction for the total length extending from I-820 to Chisholm Trail Parkway. The existing frontage roads are discontinuous. The existing I-820 includes three general purpose lanes and continuous two-lane frontage roads each direction. The alternative analysis prepared by TxDOT recommends five general purpose lanes each direction along I-30 to accommodate future traffic growth in the corridor. Along I-820, the study recommends three to four general purpose lanes each direction. The study recommends reconstruction of the I-30/I-820, I-30/Spur 341, and I-30/SH 183 interchanges. TxDOT is also recommending continuous frontage roads varying from two to four lanes each direction be provided. Shared use paths are proposed adjacent to the frontage roads to accommodate bicycle and pedestrian accommodations. Comments received from this public meeting will be evaluated.
The proposed improvements would, subject to final design considerations, require additional ROW and potentially displace non-residential and residential structures. Relocation assistance is available for displaced persons and businesses.
The virtual public meeting with in-person options will be conducted in English and Spanish. If you need an interpreter or document translator because English is not your primary language or you have difficulty communicating effectively in English, one will be provided to you. If you have a disability and need assistance, special arrangements can be made to accommodate most needs. If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation to attend and participate in the virtual public meeting or in-person options, please contact TxDOT Project Manager Charles Cox, P.E. at (817) 370-6533 no later than 4 p.m., Thursday, March 17, 2022. Please be aware that advance notice is required as some services and accommodations may require time for TxDOT to arrange.
Memorandum of Understanding:
The environmental review, consultation, and other actions required by applicable Federal environmental laws for this project are being, or have been, carried-out by TxDOT pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated Dec. 9, 2019, and executed by the Federal Highway Administration and TxDOT.
- Notice (Español)
- Fact Sheets
- Comment Card
- Exhibit Boards
- Presentation (Español)
- Script (Español)
Mainlane Conceptual Layouts
- I-30 from RM 2871/Longvue Ave to Las Vegas Trail
- I-30 from Las Vegas Trail to Green Oaks Boulevard
- I-30 from Green Oaks Boulevard to Horne Street
- I-30 from Horne Street to Clover Lane
- I-30 from Horne Street to Clover Lane Interim Transition Limits Design Schematic and Environmental Study Limits
- I-30 from Clover Lane to Chisolm Trail Parkway
- I-820 from Chapin Road to Westpoint Boulevard
- I-820 from Westpoint Boulevard to Clifford Street
- Lockheed Martin Boulevard/Spur 341 and Alta Mere Drive/SH 183
SH 183/Spur 341 Interchange Alternatives
- SH 183 / Spur 341 Split Diamond Interchange
- SH 183 Diverging Diamond / Spur 341 Partial (2) Direct Connectors Interchange
- SH 183 Diamond / Spur 341 Trumpet Interchange
- SH 183 Diamond / Spur 341 Partial Direct Connectors Interchange
- SH 183 3-Level Diamond / Spur 341 Diamond Interchange
- SH 183 Diamond / Spur 341 Half Diverging Diamond Interchange
- SH 183 Diamond / Spur 341 Partial (3) Direct Connectors with Roundabout Interchange
Bomber Spur Trail Shared Use Path Alternatives
- Alternative Analysis Bomber Spur Trail Grade Separation Alternative A
- Alternative Analysis Bomber Spur Trail Grade Separation Alternative B
- Alternative Analysis Bomber Spur Trail Grade Separation Alternative C
- Alternative Analysis Bomber Spur Trail Grade Separation Alternative D
- Alternative Analysis Bomber Spur Trail Grade Separation Alternative E
- Alternative Analysis Bomber Spur Trail Grade Separation Alternative F
TxDOT Fort Worth District Office
2501 SW Loop 820
Fort Worth, TX, 76133
Posted: March 1, 2022